"snake oil" exact phrase
votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Meta

Comments on Solely reputable textbooks ought be cited.

Solely reputable textbooks ought be cited.

+1
−7

There's one user who keeps posting from some Indo or Indian textbook on calculus that doesn't have any English. But he speaks English just fine.

He doesn't even bother to cite page numbers or the textbook's details....a clear violation of academic bibliography. Why doesn't that user use an illustrious textbook on calculus when there are so many?!? I don't like these questions from nameless, shifty books.

I actually like questions based on renowned textbooks, because this shows that students are working off and standing on giant shoulders!

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

2 comment threads

Orthogonal issues (1 comment)
Are you talking about me? (1 comment)
Are you talking about me?
deleted user wrote over 2 years ago

Are you talking about me? I am not the who downvoted but, I was using an "Indian" book that moment cause, it was preferable for me. But, I was asking question where there is problem. I was reciting those things which was important. But, I was ignoring most of lines cause, they weren't important for that question hence they aren't needed that's why I didn't add them. If I had added them than question would become too big but, when there's lot of unnecessary context there then most of people would ignore since everyone don't like to read huge question. Some would just downvote for that reason.

You said that I speak English fine (if you are referring to me). But, honestly I can't speak English properly :). Although I try to do my best.

If you had added a link than it would be understandable for everyone to know whom you are talking about.